Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wild Waterparks, An Indoor Adventure


Today's post includes some options for indoor water parks, particularly in the Ohio area. Now that the weather is turning cold, why not spend a night or two and enjoy some summertime temps.

My favorite indoor waterpark is actually Great Wolf Lodge, with locations scattered throughout the country. I like the multitude of things for the kids to do and it has always been very clean. Of course, it is going to be more crowded and expensive during the school breaks and weekends, but if you can swing going during an off-week or on a weekday night, it becomes much more affordable. We always try to do a Sunday night-Monday day combination right after the spring break rush and it is fairly deserted. The kids ask to go there all the time and there really is something for all ages. If you sign up for their mailing list you will get savings offers in the regular mail or thru email.
http://www.greatwolf.com/

Another popular destination in our neck of the woods is CoCoKey Resort, which can be found in many places around the country as well.  While smaller than Great Wolf, it is not quite as expensive and day passes are also offered. The only caveat to the day pass being that it could also be more crowded since people would not have to stay overnight at the hotel. They have plenty to do for younger kids and older kids so it is perfect if you have a large age-range in your family.
www.cocokeycincinnati.com

Of course, the granddaddy of all indoor waterparks in Ohio would be Kalahari in Sandusky. There is also one located in the Wisconsin Dells. I know it used to be and might still be the largest indoor waterpark in the country. Beautiful place to stay and lots to keep the kids busy, perhaps even a little more for the more adventurous kids.
http://www.kalahariresorts.com/oh/

8 comments:

  1. I've been to our Wolf Lodge here in Williamsburg, Virginia, though I did not go into the water park,it did look like great fun! Thanks for stopping by A Girls Gotta Nest....I am now following your blog too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following from the Everyday Harvest Hop--looking forward to reading your posts!

    Angela @ http://www.amamascorneroftheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from the harvest of friends hop. I wish I lived nearer. There is a place near Tulsa I have heard good things about. I suppose I should take the kids one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so silly - apparently I forgot there were indoor pools and indoor water parks! ha. I just assume that when summer is over, water is over for the season. WHOOPS! ha. I'm sure as I have more kids and they get older, I would have been reminded though. by the way, I found your blog from the weekend blog walk and noticed that you homeschool (something I am wanting to do!) and I'm excited to be your newest follower and see what all you have to say about it (pros and cons) and read more posts from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a Great Wold Lodge semi near us but I've never been. But I really really want to go! My little guy would love it!

    Thanks so much for the follow! Following back now :) Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Park is good place to spend the vocations with children to make them happy
    Cheap Flights

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love indoor water parks. You can ride down water slides even when it's freezing or raining outside.

    ReplyDelete